Wednesday, December 26, 2012

We

DildarNagar is now connected with the rest of world in true sense...by internet, by phone, by cable tv, by rail road and by motor road..ah, I am little unsure about the last mode. Well, since I am connected to rest of world so without much effort I have been following the Delhi Rape case related demonstrations and and the retaliation by government servants.
My personal view of the entire episode is - its very sad and shameful that even in this age we have not been able to protect women from animals. I am not going to pass my judgement on what should be the punishment for the animals who commit such heinous crimes; not because I don't have an opinion but because I know my opinion is not based on sound data. But I am against capital punishment - that is just not right. I am also afraid that like many dowry related laws, the law for rape would also be misused. The difference would be unlike the dowry related punishments the punishment for rape would surely cost a life. And trust me it would be misused by many including the families of folks who are demonstrating against it.  We, the Indians are all heroes for show off and impotent & coward when we see someone from our own families indulging into unlawful act.

I am equally sad for the way we have come out to protest about the rape case. To be more precise I am more sick with the people than the government on this point. Marching towards Rashtrapati Bhavan as a crowd is open invitation to ask police to maintain the same 'law and order' for which we were protesting. How can we demand something if we ourselves are going against it. It's like those strikes where a bus is put to fire to protest against not having enough buses. And we say that we are educated, cultured and good citizens and so police should protect us. Really? Are we nuts?

Violence and force are good tools. But they have their purpose. They never achieve anything more than retaliation, distrust, hatred and malign. So they should be used only when you are going for a kill, to nail and uproot. Is this what the crowd wanted to achieve?




1 comment:

sumit said...

http://www.hindustantimes.com/News-Feed/ColumnsOthers/Five-Reasons-Why-Death-for-Rape-Won-t-Work/Article1-977257.aspx