Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sahir Ludhianvi

I was remembering Sahir today and then a poem of his, flashed my mind

"Dekha hai zindagi ko, kuch itna kareeb se
chehare tamaam lagane lage hai.n ajiib se

And the last few lines say

"is tarah zindagii ne diyaa hai hamaaraa saath
jaise ko_ii nibaah rahaa ho raqiib se"

From childhood till date, I had been an avid fan of Sahir. I feel (un)fortunate that I can relate many things from his poems to me. I can find all my feelings in his poems and they soothe me.
He was a man, who was discarded by one and all in his early age. His parents lived separately for the better part of their life because of some dispute, consequently Sahir spent his childhood with his mother. His father always wanted to snatch him back from his mother so that he will have a successor. And then at a very early age he was all alone in this world.
He fought hard to earn his first earning. No one on earth was ready to listen his writings. He wandered from Punjab to Calcutta then to Lahore and finally settled at Bombay. In the mean time he lost many things. His sufferings made him very hard from outside and the lack of love made him extremely tender from heart. From what I have read about him, life never treated him with what he deserved.
Having said that I do not mean that I have any complain with life. No, I do not have any. I just want to live one day at a time and move on. Because I know that I do not have courage to face the world, I do not have courage to bear what Sahir bore.
The only common thing between us is the hatred that we have for the world and for the people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hatred has never helped anybody...
I dont know what made you write this...just wanted to say this is not rite,Its not good for you...
Its not an arguement just a friendly advice..rest is up to you how you want to take life...