Thursday, February 19, 2009

The trip

So, finally I made a trip to US. Because I had to make it.

But before going there I took some expert opinion about the challenges I am going to face. Like what? Like immigration folks are going to ask thousand questions before letting you enter inside US, the journey is going to be very tiresome, Air France sucks in flight service etc.

And indeed I faced some challenges but they were a bit different from what I had heard from experts. The biggest challenge was to remain a vegetarian. And I survived :)

A few key observations that I made about USA

1-People are either super healthy or fat and obese (I have more appropriate word for them but Zahid suggested me against that)
2-People are very sensitive about respecting each other
3-Food wastage is part of culture
4-The city (Seattle) was very well planned. You do not have to ask for directions if you can read English.
5-People own the city. City does not own people.
6-If you walk and talk everyone you see on street for 5 minutes then you can meet people from 15 different countries

and many more.

I visited many places in and around Seattle. Like Snowqualmie falls, Seattle port ans some more places that I do not want to write here. Ah!!! you know man.

All credit to Vidya. Who is he? He is a localite from US and we are connected through web. Yeah man, web is a nice thing :).
And to G2. What's that? JDK 7, the latest version. More about it, here http://www.cse.iitb.ac.in/~jeetu
Finally my heart felt thanks to Vinayak ( he is my super boss) for the home made tea that he offered me when he invited us for a dinner. I was literally dying for an Indian home made tea all these days.

That's all for now. See you :)

No comments: